Wednesday

It's Cake O'Clock Somewhere

Once upon a time, many months ago, I couldn't wait for the clock to strike 6:00 PM, ensuring a delicious, relaxing and non-judgmental glass of red wine. On a particularly bad day, noon could roll around and I'd be staring at my lonely wineglass wondering if it was available for an emergency clandestine meeting. 


My, how things have changed. 


Today I found myself looking at the clock at 11 AM and seriously pondering if it was too early for an ice cream sundae. (No, I hadn't eaten lunch. There's calcium-rich milk in ice cream, people.) Where once, in my twenties, I wondered what the appropriate time was for my first cocktail, I now find myself questioning at what hour in the morning cake is considered nutritious. 


Photo via artisancakecompany.com

I've determined there is no such hour. 


As the wise pregnancy adage goes, it's cake o'clock somewhere. Consider me armed, hungry and dangerous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment