Monday

Pink

Pink has officially been named the color of 2011 (and not just because it's Valentine's Day)! Pantone, "the color authority," named 18-2120 - "Honeysuckle" - as the color of the year, "emboldening us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigor."



House Beautiful's latest issue is dedicated to the 'power of pink.'

Of course, I am right on trend, which is totally coincidental. I chose the color for our dining room in September. Our painter completed the room in January and I think it looks fantastic. I picked a pale, warm, orangey tone to work with the light wood that dominates our rental house. It gives such a cozy, subtle effect to the room, even Una likes it. The photos make it difficult to tell, but I promise the walls are pink!


 Art wall - we collect maps. Included here are Central Park, lower Manhattan, the Maldives and Morrocco (where we honeymooned) and a view of Providence. 

Our rental has built-ins that our landlord's father constructed when he was a young man. 

Adorable bar cart scored at a local store for $60 bucks. I haven't sampled a dang thing from it yet!

Now if only the baby's room color had worked out this well. Fail. Sorry I have been MIA - so much to do, so little time! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment