Wednesday

Bonjour Couture!

No post yesterday, as I was running like a lunatic from 5:15 AM on. Snapshot of a Tuesday in Milwaukee: 

6:00 AM train to Chicago to visit the Design Center at the Merchandise Mart, AKA heaven. A local interior designer who I met through Jon's boss invited me to shadow her for part of the day as she visited showrooms and picked out furniture and fabric for her clients. Basically I was redoing my imaginary dream house the entire time, albeit with a budget that included two additional zeroes. 

Sprinted back to Union Station for a 1:00 PM train, a furious taxi ride to our parked car at the MAC (sharing a car, however green and economic, is starting to lose its novelty factor), then back to the house to let Houston out so we don't have another gift on the living room floor, and finally right over to work . . . 10 minutes late. For my last day. 

Followed at last by my "Sewing for Beginners" class (2 hours!) and then dinner at 8:30 PM. Um, good thing I am in remedial sewing. Loading the damn sewing machine and bobbin was more difficult than reading a pattern. We're making a pillow for our next class. I think I may actually learn something with this one. 

Au revoir, Francais, bonjour couture!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Abbey! That sounds like an incredibly fulfilling day...although busy. I definitely want to hear about the job shadow...sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete