Tuesday

The Next Wave

Sara Gilbane, my oldest friend (in years, not age), was chosen as one of House Beautiful's 'Next Wave of Designers to Watch for 2010'! The New Wave list is released every 5 years. Wow!

Holy Christmas, I know someone in a magazine!

Okay, aside from that, it is so thrilling when someone who you know works so very hard, is recognized for their efforts. Plus, her taste is spectacular. I think we will see a lot of Sara in our homes in the future.

I know I will! (Yup, it's happening, Jon.)

From House Beautiful's December issue:

WHAT'S NEW ABOUT YOU?
I don't claim to be reinventing the sofa, but I do try to put a spin on traditional pieces. Many people think modern is hard, clean lines, or that it's cold. Modern is taking pieces from all periods and rearranging them, reupholstering them, refinishing them in a modern way.

WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE DECORATOR EVER?
Ruthie Sommers, Jeffrey Bilhuber, Miles Redd. 

WHAT'S THE MOST INSPIRING THING YOU'VE SEEN LATELY?
The High Line in New York City is pretty darn inspiring.

TELL US ONE OF YOUR SECRET DESIGN RESOURCES.
Jardinsenfleur.com satisfies my cravings for Chinoiserie. Sentimento Antiques, in New York, for delicious shagreen and breathtaking colored accessories. 

MAKE A DECORATING PREDICTION.
People will cling to what makes them comfortable and happy. Reupholstering your grandmother's wing chair in a fun new fabric saves money, keeps a beautiful piece of furniture in your family, and lets you bring your personality into your home.

Go out and get a copy asap! And get even more from Sara's 5Basics post here at Providence Classic.

Congrats, Sass! Heck, congrats to me for knowing someone famous!* 

*Yes, I wrote that. And no, I'm not embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment